Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Prague - Dresden - Leipzig - Magdeburg - Berlin - Prague

I am back from the road trip. Wasn't on a road trip until now but it was great. You get to visit many places at once. Good thing is that I was taking pictures because I am a little confused from all the things we have seen. Actually few years ago I spent 2 weeks in Leipzig on a training so it was a bit more familiar so as Berlin which I managed to visit in that time as well for a day.

Dresden is beautiful. Small but neat with a lot of things to see like the Green Vault, which we left for another time. Autumn isn't the best time for sightseeing not only because you freeze outside but because all the trees and parks look a bit sad as well.
Nevertheless we managed to enjoy ourselves. I had misjudged the weather and had taken my winter jacket but seems it is good to wear on minus temperatures only as I kept on sweating. Well I bought a coat. Navy blue, with hood and long one.
Leipzig is the city where Johann Sebastian Bach lived and worked.
Next on our agenda was Magdeburg. We visited Hundertwassers house known as the Green Citadel. We also made several attempts to find the water bridge and luckily at the end we succeeded. After that we headed to Berlin. There was a bit delay on the way due to a burning car on the highway. How freaky is that. It never crossed my mind that the car you ride in can catch on fire and I hope I don't experience it. Once we were in Berlin we wanted to check in and on the way to the hotel we ended up in some shady neighborhood full with prostitutes at 18 o clock. Found it a bit weird. Luckily there was a problem with our reservation and we were sent to another hotel. This relieved me a lot :)
We went for a walk in the evening. We couldn't visit the parliament as apparently you have to book it several days in advance but we made it to the tv tower which was above 200 metres. The next day we went to see 'Checkpoint Charlie' and the museum called topography of terror...brutal things were happening during the years before the second world war...and when you think about it ..it is only 70,80 years ago only. Glad people made such a progress!
The way back was smooth. 4 hours after departing from Berlin we were already home :) knock knock...
We had too little time to check so I guess we will be going back again but we will choose a better, warmer time of the year :)

No comments: