Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The best vacation ever part 1

Okay, let me start telling you about my trip:) Friday, the 20th of Sept, we arrived in Barcelona...we were greeted by 25 degrees Celsius which felt like a blessing. We headed straight to Port Ginesta,our meeting point and from where we would depart later that day. We got to see our yacht and the first impression was "damn, how do 9 people fit in here?". I unpacked my luggage, put my bikini on and enjoyed the sun. I also meet my friend who I didn't meet in a while and was glad to catch up a bit. Our crew consisted of 9 people, 6 of which were already present and 3 were to arrive later in the evening. Time passed by, the rest of the crew arrived and soon the coast of Barcelona got out of sight and all we were surrounded by were the dark waters of the sea and the moon shining bright. The journey had started! I was afraid of getting sea sick but in the last moment a friend had commented on my Facebook post that as long as one stays on the deck and looks at the horizon it should be fine. I had taken also some pills. I stayed up all night keeping the captain company and when I started to fall asleep I decided it is time to go in and take a nap. I am not sure how long I have been sleeping but at one point I woke up, I went out and all I could sea is the sea around us, without a single wave, being oily as petrol:) Later during the day I found out that timing is everything:) While I was napping the rest of the crew was cleaning the yacht, which got covered in brown spots during the night. This mystery was not revealed and not only the yacht was dirty but the sails as well. We were sailing and sailing, looking at the dolphins, at the sea that surrounded us, at the beautiful sky. We stopped in the sea where some of us took a dip and swam a bit. Personally I was too afraid to swim so just dipped myself shortly. I have a huge respect towards the sea and the nature and I feel a bit uncomfortable knowing the depth is something like 50 meters or more. We continued sailing and eventually, 26 hours later, we reached our first destination which was Cala de St. Vicent. We anchored, took the bottle of rum out and celebrated:) We were close to the beach, probably 200 meters away, the boat wasn't moving as I was used to till that point. We had few drinks, listened a bit to music and went to bed. The next day, Sunday, we woke up, changed to our swim suits and swam to the beach. This was my first time on land in day and a half. I felt like a sea creature coming out of the sea and going back in the sea to get on the yacht. We started sailing again, this time our destination being Ibiza town. All of us were looking forward to the port there, since we were counting with taking a shower, without getting claustrophobic, but to our disappointment there were no toilets nor bathrooms on the port. For the ones who are not aware, once you park your boat on the port, you are charging it with electricity and you are filling your water tanks, with a hose. Once I saw the hose I was already wondering how embarrassing or not it will be to take a shore on the port. Mind that the port we were staying at and the location we had chosen was just next to the street. Nevertheless, me and two more courageous crew members took a shower on the port. Clean for the first time in roughly 2 days we decided to go for a walk in the town of Ibiza. The weather was warm, the sunset was beautiful and the city itself. Somehow the only thing that comes to my mind when I hear Ibiza is automatically "partyyy" but there is a beautiful castle in the city and the old town looks pretty neat. Some of us went to bed, the rest went partying in Pacha and I decided that I need to come back with some girl friends to check it out:) I will continue in another post as this one is already monstrous...

1 comment:

Very Veronique said...

Love your vacation posts!! I'm coming with you next time:)))