Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The best vacation ever part 3

We were still on Espalmador, getting to our yacht with the dinghy boat when we saw a red boat approaching ours. We thought this might be the people from the port trying to tell us we need to leave. The red boat appeared again this time with another boat. Our captain went fast to the boat to check what was up. Turned out that one of the girls was attacked by something called anemone and got an allergic reaction to it. Her leg was swollen and you could see where the tiny bastards had burned her. We were all a bit worried. Luckily she had asked the guy on the red boat if he knew what that is and she was told she just needs to get some medicine from the pharmacy. We were on our way back to La Savina from where the captain, the victim and her boyfriend went to look for a pharmacy. They returned with the cream and little by little her leg started to look normal again. But of course once the shit hits the fan it doesn't stop only there. We were sailing not suspecting a thing, when the captain decided it is time to park close to the port of St Antonio. He parked there, turned out that this was a gas station for bigger boats and we were supposed to leave. Unfortunately, it was way too windy and our yacht was being pushed by the wind. We tried pulling it with ropes etc but without success, we were still pushed to the wall. At last the captain and my friend decided it is time to call for help so they ran to the port. A bit later a guy on a motor boat came and managed to pull our yacht. There was again some adventure when we were parking. It was already dark at the time and the wind wasn't helping much. Each time we were parking, 3 times in total, I was amazed by the skills of the captain. This damn thing is 13 meters long and you have to take a lot of things in consideration, the wind,the inertia. So we were finally parked on the port of St. Antonio, a fancy port it turned out :) We attacked the showers and then we hit the city. We were determined to go to Cafe del Mar since it was only a kilometer away from where we were staying. On the way to Cafe del Mar we had dinner at a local restaurant. We tried Cava, the local champagne, we had tapas and it was delicious. After that we finally made it to Cafe del Mar. And for me personally it turned out a bit disappointing as I was counting with Cafe del Mar being a beach bar, where you could chill on the sand and watch the sun set. By the time we were there the sun was gone already and Cafe del Mar was already closed. Moreover Cafe del Mar was just a regular nice cafe and not a beach bar as I expect and at the time we were there, which was a bit after 12am it closed:) We sat in the bar next by, called Mambo. You could tell that the season was ending since there weren't many people. We got a good deal on cocktails, 2 for the price of 1, so we got a bit tipsy :) Some of us went back to the boat, others went for a walk in the city. This city was infested with British tourists, also majority of the people working in the bars was British as well. After walking a bit we went back to the boat, this was our last night. The next day, Friday, our journey back to Barcelona started. We tanked and we started sailing. This time, as opposed to our way there, the sea wasn't as calm and there were quite some waves. By now I was used to the fact that the boat doesn't stand straight but I have to admit that the moment we were again surrounded by only sea and there was no land in sight I was a bit scared. We were sailing and sailing, eating sunflower seeds...the night came. And as I mentioned sooner once the shit hits the fan...the captain realized that our lights, green and red, are not working. Well at least the big light on top of the boat was visible and working and I thought okay, sailing in the sea isn't as being on the road, eventually you see the boat coming your way and you have a lot of time to react. I also remember that the captain had mentioned that small boats don't have green and red lights. Well once you are in the middle of nowhere and you are stuck with whatever you got it is good to keep calm ;) By the way, before leaving I was afraid that being on the boat in the middle of nowhere I will panic. Luckily this didn't happen. Earlier this year I was in the mountains with my parents. We took the chair lift and at one point I looked down, the next thing I had to do was close my eyes because I was freaked out by the height. And I was always thinking that snowboarding makes me height resistant, probably it has to do with the snow covering the mountain, giving you the illusion of softness:) I went for a short nap but sometime around 5 am I was up again. I got rewarded by this beautiful sunrise Sometime in the morning the captain announced he is sleepy and he will take a nap. The yacht was on autopilot nevertheless I felt the responsibility to watch out for other boats. :)) So I can say I was the captain for roughly 20 minutes or so The night passed, Barcelona was already visible in the distance, we had only few hours left. The more closer we got to the shore the sadder I got. I didn't know what to expect of this trip. In fact, I only hoped for some sun and to be able to bathe in the sea, since this year I didn't get to go to the seaside. Those two requirements were meet on the 3rd day of the trip:) The moment we were parked for the last time and we went on land, man I was excited. Finally I felt save. I had the feeling that the moment we had reached our destination and we set foot on land the magic was gone, just like that. It must have been some time around 10 a.m. the whole crew was excited to have arrived save. We had some sangria, listened to some music, bothered the yacht next to us where some future captains were having a lesson. And this is how our 8 day trip on a yacht had come to an end. This was by now the most amazing vacation I ever had. The people on the boat were a good company and there was nobody way too annoying. We saw amazing places and we got to enjoy some nice weather and time with each other. I can only recommend to anyone to go on a sailing trip, although I am not sure you will have as an amazing time as I did. Imagine you have an annoying person on board. Oh wait, once you are in the open sea you can accidentally push him over board and solve the problem :) Joking of course! After we had gathered our luggage we took a taxi and headed to our hostel, where we were going to spend the night...tbc

2 comments:

Very Veronique said...

This really looks like the best vacation ever. I love reading about your adventures!

neonlicht said...

Thanks! I decided to write it all down because we visited so many places that even during the trip I had hard time remembering where we were two days ago :))