Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The best vacation ever part 2

It was Monday morning and we had time till noon to explore Ibiza town. I went for a walk, peeking in different shops. The funny thing is that the weather over there is nothing like the one in Prague. You see people wearing sandals and gossamer clothes and suddenly you get the urge to buy the same but then the thought of snow and cold weather brings you back to reality:) I had breakfast at a cafe next to the port and then slowly it was time to leave again to our next destination, which was La Savina on the island of Formentera. Some time in the late afternoon we arrived. The rest rented bikes and went for a ride and I had the idea to go look for a longboard. It took some effort and even though I saw the guy working at the surf school have one, it seems they weren't renting. The funny thing when you travel with a yacht is that once you get used to the constant rocking of the boat you feel very awkward when being on land. Suddenly everything starts moving around you:) I went for a short walk, looked to rent a longboard and then just sat and enjoyed the sunset. I was all by myself, played some music and just enjoyed the view. Later we gathered at the yacht and me and few other people went to get some dinner. I was in a social butterfly mood so later in the evening I also made friends with a guy on the port who was working as skipper. It was hilarious since he didn't speak much English and I don't speak any Spanish. The next day, Tuesday, the rest of the crew decided to go biking. I passed on that again, the night before I had slipped and luckily managed to catch myself but my arm was in terrible pain so I decided to hang out on the boat and do the dishes, clean a bit etc. I went for a walk in the village, bought few things, took a shower! Oh yeah, treasure the comfort:) We all were gathered and we continued our trip. Our next destination turned out to be Raco de sa Pujada. It was in the middle of nowhere and water was turquoise. For some reason it was full with mosquitoes,probably coz of the rocks nearby. 5 meters depth and you can still see the sea bottom On Wednesday morning, our captain Cook, the girl who was in charge of the kitchen was preparing pancakes while the rest of us went for a swim and a dinghy boat ride. Towards the rocks the water was shallow. It was time again to set sail to our next destination namely Espalmador. This time we were staying on a buoy. Again we were close to the beach so after we were parked we swam to the beach. Espalmador turns out to be a private island and from there you can see the island of Formentera and if you are brave enough you can even walk to Formentera. In fact on Thursday morning this is what we did. We walked from Espalmador to Formentera. At one point we had to swim a bit. On the way back I got stung by a jellyfish, which was my first time experience. I am glad it was only a jellyfish and that it calmed itself soon. Now that I am back and I am checking the places we went to on the internet I saw that it is not recommended to walk from one island to the other because of the ocean currents. Had I known that beforehand I wouldn't have done it. Glad we were all save. We were about to get on the boat and head to our last destination before sailing back to Barcelona. Our next destination was St Antoni in Ibiza, where the famous Cafe del Mar is located...tbc :)

No comments: